Some iOS updates are giant, with many new options or interface adjustments. A few of them are actually vital, as they patch a number of important vulnerabilities. Some, just like the just-released iOS 17.1.1, are very small.
This replace merely fixes two restricted bugs that solely have an effect on a small subset of customers. Notably, these with sure fashions of BMW wi-fi charging might mess up NFC/Apple Pay and the few who’ve discovered that the climate widget now does not seem appropriately. The discharge notes learn:
This replace supplies bug fixes to your iPhone together with:
– In uncommon instances, Apple Pay and different NFC options might turn into unavailable on iPhone 15 fashions after wi-fi charging in some autos
– Climate lock display widget might not show snow correctly
Should you’re an Apple Watch person, the related watchOS 10.1.1 replace might be of better concern, because it fixes a difficulty that causes the battery to empty quicker than it ought to.
Apple’s safety releases web page notes that there aren’t any printed CVE entries for this spherical of software program releases. It is all the time attainable that Apple has closed some secret safety flaws that have not been revealed but, however so far as we all know, this launch does not comprise any of these updates.
The best way to set up iOS 17.1.1
To put in iOS 17.1.1, simply observe these steps. Word that it might take an hour or two earlier than the replace seems on each iPhone globally, so be affected person in the event you do not see it instantly.
- Open settings
- deal with basic.
- deal with system replace.
- Should you see multiple software program replace possibility accessible, select the one you need to set up.
- deal with Obtain and set upor Set up now In case your iPhone has already downloaded the replace.