Early subsequent week, Apple will launch the primary main replace to iOS 17, which can convey quite a lot of options, together with on-line AirDrop and Apple Music enhancements. However the largest cause to hurry to replace is the quite a few bug fixes.
Apple has already mounted some widespread points with a collection of small updates to iOS 17, however this launch will repair a number of annoying bugs which have plagued new and previous iPhones alike. Among the many fixes, in accordance with Apple’s launch notes, are:
- Fixes a difficulty that might trigger an vital location privateness setting to reset whenever you transfer or pair your Apple Look ahead to the primary time.
- Resolves a difficulty the place incoming callers’ names might not seem whenever you’re on one other name.
- Addresses a difficulty the place customized and bought ringtones might not seem as choices to your textual content tone.
- Fixes a difficulty that might trigger the keyboard to develop into much less responsive.
- Fixes a difficulty that might trigger the picture to stay displayed.
This newest repair is essentially the most notable, as quite a few reviews across the net have claimed “burn-in” points with the iPhone 15. Some have swapped of their units at Apple Shops solely to have the identical subject seem. Burn-in in OLED shows is feasible however hardly ever happens after only some weeks of use.
Apple nonetheless has many iOS 17 options but to be launched, together with the brand new Journal app, nevertheless it’s an excellent factor that iOS 17.1 is only a upkeep replace. Because the launch of iOS 17 in September, there have been numerous reviews of points, a number of of which have been mounted by iOS 17.0.1, 17.0.2, and 17.0.3 updates.
One other widespread subject, the place telephones randomly reboot in a single day, has been reported to be unresolved as of the newest beta. Apple will seemingly push out a smaller iOS 17.1.1 shortly to handle this bug.