Apple has launched watchOS 10.1, which provides the brand new, much-touted Double Faucet characteristic as a key characteristic for the Apple Watch Sequence 9 and Extremely 2. It additionally provides NameDrop assist for each iPhone-to-Watch and Watch-to-Watch. Requires at the very least Apple Watch SE2, Sequence 7, or Extremely.
This launch additionally provides a complication to My Card and consists of a number of main bug fixes.
watchOS 10.1 options and bug fixes
Apple’s official launch notes for watchOS 10.1 are as follows.
watchOS 10.1 consists of new options, enhancements, and bug fixes, together with:
- The double-tap gesture can be utilized to carry out primary motion in notifications and most apps so you possibly can reply a name, play and pause music, cease a timer, and extra (accessible on Apple Watch Sequence 9 and Apple Watch Extremely 2)
- NameDrop allows you to trade contact info with somebody new by merely bringing their Apple Watch near their iPhone with iOS 17 or Apple Watch (accessible on Apple Watch SE 2, Apple Watch Sequence 7 and later, and Apple Watch Extremely)
- My card is on the market as an add-on for fast entry to NameDrop
- Mounted a bug that prompted the Local weather part within the Dwelling app to be clean
- Addresses a problem that causes white choice borders to show unexpectedly after AssistiveTouch is turned off
- Fixes a problem the place cities would not sync between iPhone and watch in Climate
- Resolves the difficulty of the scroll bar showing unexpectedly on the display screen
- Mounted a bug that prompted the peak to be incorrect for some customers
For details about the safety content material of Apple software program updates, please go to this web site: https://assist.apple.com/kb/HT201222
The best way to set up watchOS 10.1
To put in watchOS 10.1, it is best to first replace your linked iPhone to iOS 17.1.
Then comply with these steps:
- open the He watches The app in your iPhone.
- Within the my watch tab, choose normal.
- He chooses system replace.
- Observe the on-screen directions to replace your Apple Watch.
You may want to put your Apple Watch on the charger for the replace course of to finish.
To replace your Apple Watch immediately on the watch itself, comply with these steps:
- Be certain that your watch is related to a Wi-Fi community.
- In your watch, open Settings program.
- deal with normal > system replace.
- Click on Set up if a software program replace is on the market, after which comply with the on-screen directions.